IMPORTANT—READ CAREFULLY: This End-User License Agreement (“EULA”) is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Jamaica Violence Prevention Alliance (VPA) for the use of the on-line and mobile facilities that accompanies this EULA, which includes associated media and VPA Internet-based services (“On-line Software and mobile applications”). An amendment or addendum to this EULA may accompany the On-line Software and mobile applications. YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS EULA BY ACCESSING, REGISTERING, AND USING THE SOFTWARE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, DO NOT CONTINUE WITH THIS REGISTRATION PROCESS.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. VPA grants you the following rights provided that you comply with all terms and conditions of this EULA:
1.1 Registration and use. You may:
(a) Register and use the On-line Software and mobile applications for its stated purposes and not for malicious or fraudulent purposes.
(b) Use the On-line Software and mobile applications exclusive for your own personal purposes and do not share or instruct use of your account with anyone else, especially minors under the age of 18 years old.
1.2 License Grant for Documentation. The internet-based documentation that accompanies the On-line Software and mobile applications is licensed for personal and professional, non-commercial reference purposes only.
2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS
2.1 Mandatory Activation. THERE ARE TECHNOLOGICAL MEASURES IN THIS ON-LINE SOFTWARE THAT ARE DESIGNED TO PREVENT UNLICENSED USE OF THE SOFTWARE. You may not be able to exercise your rights to use the On-line Software under this EULA unless you agree to the terms and conditions listed herein. VPA will use those measures to confirm that you have been legally registered for use of the On-line Software and mobile applications. VPA will collect all necessary personally identifiable information from you during the registration process.
2.2 Internet-Based Services. You may not use any VPA Internet-based services associated with the Software in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair such services or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of them. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any service, account, computer systems or networks associated with the Internet-based services.
3.1 GOVERNMENT REGULATION COMPLIANCE. All business operations and transactions will be conducted in line with the laws of Jamaica. All users are expected to abide by all the laws and regulations while using the On-line Software and mobile applications.
3.2 RISK DISCLOSURE. VPA does not accept responsibility for any misuse of information while using the system.
3.3 USER-ID AND PASSWORD MANAGEMENT. Upon registration, each new user will be given a reference account number; this number will also be used as the User-ID when accessing the system. The user has to enter their preferred password when registering to use the system, special care must be given when choosing passwords, as this will be highly important when protecting your account from unauthorized access. At no time at all will VPA or any of its agents will have a need to request your password from you. DO NOT SHARE YOUR PASSWORD WITH ANYONE AT ALL!
4. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS AND OWNERSHIP. VPA reserves all rights not expressly granted to you in this EULA. The Software is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. VPA or its suppliers own the title, copyright, and other intellectual property rights in the Software. The Software is licensed, not sold. This EULA does not grant you any rights to trademarks or service marks of VPA.
5. LIMITATIONS ON REVERSE ENGINEERING, DECOMPILATION, AND DISASSEMBLY. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software.
6. NO RENTAL/COMMERCIAL HOSTING. You may not rent, lease, lend or provide access to the On-line Software via your registered account. VPA does not provide access to its facilities through any third part retailer.
7. CONSENT TO USE OF DATA. You agree that VPA and its affiliates may collect and use technical information gathered as part of the product support services provided to you, if any, related to the Software. VPA may use this information solely to improve our services or to provide customized services or technologies to you and will not disclose this information in a form that personally identifies you.
8. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES. VPA is not responsible for the contents of any third-party sites or services, any links contained in third-party sites or services, or any changes or updates to third-party sites or services found in stakeholder documentation. VPA is providing these links and access to third-party sites and services to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link or access by other stakeholders does not imply an endorsement by VPA of the third-party site or service.
9. ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE/SERVICES. This EULA applies to updates, supplements or add-on components to the Internet-based services components, of the Software that VPA may provide unless they are accompanied by separate terms. VPA reserves the right to discontinue Internet-based services provided to you or made available to you through the use of the Software.
10. UPGRADES. This agreement applies to all future upgrades to the Yard Route Services On-line Software, from date of signing and onward.
11. NOT FOR RESALE SOFTWARE. Software identified as “Not for Resale” or “NFR,” may not be sold or otherwise transferred for value, or used for any purpose other than demonstration, test or evaluation.
12. SEPARATION OF COMPONENTS. The Software is licensed as a single product. Its component parts may not be deemed separated for use at no time at all.
13. USE OF CONTENT TERMS. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this software constitutes the acceptance of this use of content terms.
13.1 OWNERSHIP OF CONTENT. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) provided with this software belongs to the VPA, its partners, or other providers that are clearly acknowledged.
13.2 CONTENT USE. The content provided with this software is licensed for research or educational use only and should not be used for promotion, profit making nor reproduced without the written explicit consent of the VPA, its partners, or that of other third parties owning such content.
13.3 CONTENT WARRANTIES. We give no warranties or representations concerning the accuracy or authenticity of third party content shared with this software, and accept no liability in relation to the use of third party content shared with this software.
13.4 DIGITAL ADVERTISEMENTS. Digital advertisements as invitation by third party sites are the property of their respective owners; The VPA accepts no liability arising for accessing said advertised sites, products or services provided by third parties.
13.5 CONTENT USE COMPLIANCE. Failure to comply with the established terms set forth herein will result in the complete termination of access to this software and its contents, the possible blocking of future access to this software and it contents, and the immediate seeking of legal redress in addressing said breach of terms.
14. TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights, VPA may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you will loose all access rights to the On-line Software and all of its component parts, and the mobile applications.
15. APPLICABLE LAW. This EULA is governed by the laws of Jamaica, W.I. In respect of any dispute which may arise hereunder, you consent to the jurisdiction of the courts sitting Jamaica, W.I.
16. ENTIRE AGREEMENT; SEVERABILITY. This EULA (including any addendum or amendment to this EULA which is included with the On-line Software and mobile applications) is the entire agreement between you and VPA relating to the On-line Software, mobile applications and the support services (if any) and they supersede all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals and representations with respect to the On-line Software or any other subject matter covered by this EULA. To the extent the terms of any VPA policies or programs for support services conflict with the terms of this EULA, the terms of this EULA shall control. If any provision of this EULA is held to be void, invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
The following VPA GUARANTEE applies to you if you registered for use of this Software in any other country: Statutory rights not affected – The following guarantee is not restricted to any territory.
The guarantee – The Software is designed and offered as an on-line and mobile application -purpose software, and should not be used for any other purposes. VPA guarantees the use of this On-line Software and mobile applications for the said purposes mentioned above.
Exclusion of All Other Terms – To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to the guarantee above, VPA disclaims all warranties, conditions and other terms, either express or implied (whether by statute, common law, collaterally or otherwise) including but not limited to implied warranties of satisfactory quality and fitness for particular purpose with respect to the Software and the written materials that accompany the Software.
Should you have any questions concerning this EULA, or if you desire to contact VPA for any reason, please use the address information available on our website on the World Wide Web at https://vpajathinktank.org to contact the Jamaica Violence Prevention Alliance.